Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Innkeeping at our Bed and Breakfast

First some Q & A...yes, I did meet Tori Spelling at the bed and breakfast conference put on by CABBI in January. She was there to film her show that debuts tonight at 7:30 PT where you will see a pregnant Tori Spelling braving the wonderful world of B&B innkeeping with her new husband Dean McDermott. Can't believe it? I was there when the crew was taping Tori and Dean's gathering of valuable information, including attending the CABBI luncheon. Oxygen's new show, Tori & Dean: Inn Love, follows Tori and Dean as they "make beds, breakfasts, babies, and beyond." If you still need to see it for yourself, the show premieres tonight, Tuesday, March 20th, on Oxygen.

What do I think about it....well, I don't want them to make innkeepers look bad, or that it is an easy job. But I will hold my review until I see the show tonight.

Innkeeping is a great job and if they can attract a younger crowd, great for all of the bed and breakfast innkeepers. I am not much past the thirtyish crowd they saw they want to attract, and in fact was in my mid-thirties when we started the bed and breakfast.

No comments: