Monday, December 18, 2006

Good to know if you aspire to innkeeping...

It is a dream job...most days! But you should get into innkeeping and running a bed and breakfast with your eyes open or be prepared for a possibly rude awakening....now I have all the dreaming out of my system :)

Read, read and read some more....

Visit www.amazon.com for some books on innkeeping, aspiring innkeeping and running a bed and breakfast. And ask us questions...we are happy to share our experiences owning and operating an inn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place! And a great topic. Innkeeping sounds romantic but I'm sure there are ups and downs.

I would be interested to hear about the staff -- who does what at the inn?

Unknown said...

Rita does 90% of the work at the inn. I have another job in town, so work 40 hours outside and come home to some cleaning and entertaining guests and I do nearly all of the web work and marketing of the inn. Please let me know if you have other questions.