A few traits that are good to have as an innkeeper
- be good with people,
- have community contacts at their fingertips
- be helpful with dinner and other recommendations
- like to make new friends, be good listeners (helpful to know how to anticipate needs)
- not mind when people ask the same question over and over
- love to share stories and listen to others
- not mind staying up late for late arrivals
- a basic knowledge of cooking, gardening, plumbing, marketing (and more)
There are many more that will help you be a great innkeeper.
Remember, if you have any questions, please comment on our bed and breakfast blog and we will get right back to you!